Friday, May 14, 2010

Are the glue-on fake nails okay to have?

Okay, here's my dilemma.


I'm not allowed to get my nails done in a salon because I've heard that it hurts, you can rip one of the fakes off and could cause bleeding, and ruins your natural nails.


However, I've seen really cute glue-on nails in Walgreens and Claire's, so I'm wondering if they will be okay to have.


The ones Claire's has are really cute, like French tips that are hot pink with a black strip painted on the bottom.


Will they still ruin my natural nails? I've heard of some incidents happening with those, such as green mold growing under natural nails, fungus, and natural nails never growing back normally.


If I get them, I may wear them for about 1 to 2 weeks. Is it safe?


Thanks!Are the glue-on fake nails okay to have?
The glue on the cheaper nails from Claire's and drug stores is not as strong as the glue on nails you get at a salon. It is true that professionally done nails can hurt, but only if you try to rip them off instead of using acetone remover. It is also true that they do ruin your nail. After wearing the fake nails, your real nails get thing, short and brittle until they grow out a little bit. The cheap nails (depending on the brand) will stay on for about a week. If you use the kind that sticks on with little pieces of tape, they don't last as long as the kind that you stick on with liquid glue. My experience with these has been good. They don't ruin your real nails and they don't need acetone remover to come off. I have never heard of fungus growing on them, but if you don't put the nails on properly and water gets in there and it stays damp, it could be a prime growing place for mold. But like I said, I have never heard of that happening. Cheaper nails are safer and the way to go if you have never had fake nails before.


Good Luck!Are the glue-on fake nails okay to have?
well, most likely it wont last for 1 to 2 weeks. fake nails that u buy tend to all fall off very quickly. i have wanted to try them but my mom says its a waste of money
They're much cheaper than the professionally done nails. I'm a non goth/emo guy and like to wear black nail polish sometimes. I've worn glue on nails and although they pull at your real nails a bit at first you get used to it. It's recommended you wear them no more than 10 days but you can re use them if you want. The only problem is that after a couple of re uses the glue builds up on the back, you can try scraping it off. I've always worn them square the way they came in the pack but recently have filed them down to more rounded. It feels a lot more natural and better that way without the corners.
Nail polish isn't good for your nails because it restricts the breathing, so maybe you imagine how bad fake nails are for you.





If you really want fake nails, just be careful to not snag or rip them, otherwise you'll be in for a lot of pain. Also, try to keep the fake-nail episodes to a minimum. With nail polish, wear a good quality base underneath the color to prevent any yellowing of the nails, and wear no polish every so often to let your nails breathe.
no no no. don't even do it because people can totally tell that you did it yourself. If i knew you i would totally take pity and do your nails. Last year (when i had more time) i would do my nails every week and it was awesome, they were so pretty!%26gt; BUT im going to say dont even get the stupid fake do-it-yourself ones its kind of cheap lookin if you know what i mean. Good luck tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment