Monday, May 10, 2010

How can I break my habit of biting my nails???

I would like to know how i can stop biting my nails because nothing i try ever works...How can I break my habit of biting my nails???
Chop your fingers off.How can I break my habit of biting my nails???
Get braces. It's almost impossible for me to bite my nails and I have braces.
My mother tried a product by Sally Hanson called Nail Biter. Trust me it smells and tastes awful.
get ur nails done that way u serioysky cant bite ur nails or in ur nails put some hot stuff so it will hurt when u bite them
Put some cayenne pepper under your nails. Problem solved.
You just gotta do it, you will eventually get tired of those ugly, stubby, little fingernails and stop biting them


Keep them painted or wear fake ones
rub some onion on it
Try chewing sugarless gum or painting them with nail polish.
Put something icky tasting on them : )
There's actually some nail-polish stuff you can put on your nails that make them taste horrible if you bite them. You can get that and put them on your nails... the only trick is, you have to put it on all the time. You can try that, it worked for my friend really well... after a month or so of that, you should be fine. ^_^
Wear nail polish on them and reapply every night.
hey your not the only one sorry i cant help
i once had this habit too. all you have to do is spray some perfume on them instead on your wrists. You still smell nice and your fingers taste awful.
squeze a piece of poo in youre hand..
purchase No bite by Orly.





Sometimes if you get a manicure, the bright polish will remind you not to bite-same with artificial enhancements.





if those dont work, you need to constantly remind yourself not to bite, until you break the habit
sum ppl paint them or get them done or watever but if that dosnt work then u should try dipping them in lemon juice or vinegar that way wen u go to bite them it tastes pretty f***ing gross
put fake nails on thats what it did
Put a little bit of super glue on each one, bad taste and harder to bit off
in 5th grade my new years resolution was to stop biteing my nails. and i'm going into 9th grade now..i havnt bite them again since. their long and strong now. but if u dont have my will power try a polish they have at your local store. its for nail biters. it has a bad taste in it so when you lick or bite your nails you'll say EWWW GROSE and stop. or u could try soaking them in tobasko sause. or just remind yourself of all the germs your putting in your mouth. and all the bacteria your putting on your nails which could cause fungus. Oh also try to keep painting your nails, keep them looking really nice. You wouldn't want to bite nails that look really nice.
ummm......try sticking it in something smelly. lol
Trim your nails every three days and then paint them (nail polish tastes like sh*t).





-or-





start wearing gloves like Diane Keaton (is she a germ freak?)
rub garlic on your nails.
Get fake nails, it worked for me, because you can't bite those off! Once you get used to them (and it might take a while) you probably won't bite your own nails anymore once the others come off.
put on some nail polish on your nails and it will help you stop biting your nails because it tastes so horrible.
This is what did it for me. I started with one nail that I wanted to grow. I wore a band-aid around it until it was fully grown, well trimmed, strong, and surrounded by good cuticle. Then I moved on to the next nail. The first nail was so fine and smooth that I had no compulsion to bite it. (I did continue to bite the other nails.) This I continued one nail at a time until the last nail was done. I did find the last two nails to be very difficult going. The first 8 were actually pretty easy. I would suggest leaving the last couple nails to those that you don't easily see -- maybe the baby fingers (although I left the index fingers to last).





Once in a while I will bite on one finger, but that's where it always seems to stop. I just try to keep the nails well-trimmed and smooth.
The common suggestion is to put really nasty tasting stuff on your nails to dissuade you....some say put a rubber band around your wrist and when you get the urge to bite (or catch yourself biting them) snap it real hard...





Take a look at your hands...biting the nails doesn't make for pretty fingers...that in itself should be some deterrent...





Good luck!
i bite my nail but i stop. so do not think about it.or keep your self busy so you do not think about.would you what fungus.
how about biting something else like pencils or gum. when im bored i shake my knee and it drives people crazy but my nails look good and calories are burned
dip them in poo! isnt very tasty, but i bet you stop chewing on them.
Dip the tips of your fingers in lemon juice. When you try to bite your nails, it will taste awful.
Wear mittens all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment