Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Is it normal for a child to eat her nails ?

I have a 10 year old daughter who use to eat her nails,i dont know what to do for her stop it,I keep on telling her that it's not normal for a child to eat nails,I even told her that she might eat the bacteria her nails have.Is it normal for a child to eat her nails ?
Give her the Homeopathic Remedy CALCAREA CARB 30 thrice a day half hour before meals and she will get over her habit of biting her nails. Nail biting is usually attributed to a deficiency of Calcium which Calcarea carb will cure without any side effects or complications.


Take Care and God Bless you !Is it normal for a child to eat her nails ?
http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Book鈥?/a>
A child either Does it by habit or by nervousness. Either way its something thats not healthy so the best way to get your child from doing un healthy things is to train them with love concern and when things are taught that way most of the time the child is reseptive to the love from their parents. Build on your beautiful relationship, Vernon
Its normal, but heres how you stop it- when she's asleep, put clear fingernail polish on her nails. She goes to Chomp and she goes to UpChuck
Well, first off, i wouldn't be to concerned about the bacteria thing, if she has bacteria on her nails she will get it without even eating her nails (from eating, touching face, etc...) so don't worry about that. Also, i dont' think there is nesscarily anything terribly wrong with it. I think it's just a habit she has made, maybe to comfort herself, like twiddling her hair or sucking her thumb. You wouldn't want it to continue for to terribly wrong, but in and of itself it isn't that bad of a thing. If you are really worried though i would suggest asking a licsensed psychologist. Good luck!
people bites finger nails while they feel nervous?! Or is she imitating someone she had seem on TV or just following a friend?





yeah, could be a good idea to polish her nails with some beautiful colors and try to let her appreciate her nails
It is not normal but it's also not unusual. You could rub your daughter's nails with hot chilli juice. I know it's cruel but she will thank you for it as a teenager.
I bite my nails,but i heard there is some kind of disease that you could get,but I stil do it,it's just to hard to stop!So ya,I think it's OK,Good luck!
i used to bite my nails because a lot of people i knew were doing the same, but i've never heard of eating nails. just think, she's putting calcium in her body. Forget about it because she's just a kid and she'll eventually grow out of that stage.
I used to bite my nails and eat them when I was that age. My mom bought me clear nail polish from Sally Hansen called Nail Biters. It tasted awful, it made me stop biting my nails.
Good Heavens, kids eat everything except the things we tell them are good for them, soooo, perhaps telling her in the morning you did some research and found that it is wonderful that she's doing this..it's supplying some wonderful nutrient to make her appear beautiful to boys!! That reverse psychology thing.. LOL....I wouldn't worry too much...as long as she has good hand washing habits, hopefully she'll grow tired of it. Good Luck....By the way....the yuckky tasting nail polish really never worked for me...if they even still sell the stuff..I just outgrew the habit, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment