Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My friends and co=workers keep asking me ';why you have white spot in my finger nails'; ?

I been have this spot since i remember as a kid, but more in my teens, since i was a kid,i grew up with a lot of dairy products. My doctor says that i got pretty strong bones but since i turned 19 years old , i stop getting the same amount of calcium in my daily diet.What can i do to get my nails back on track ,without those white spots? My friends and co=workers keep asking me ';why you have white spot in my finger nails'; ?
White spots on the fingernail are not caused by calcium deficiencies but is likely due to a past (non-serious) injury to the base of the nail, or less commonly because of an underlying infection. They're called leukonychia and can take a while to show up - around 6 weeks after the injury has occurred. The spots also take about 8 months or more to grow out and disappear, but if it's still hanging around long after this it would be worth checking out with your GP. If it is leukonychia though, it is very common and nothing to worry about.


I'm not sure if you meant to say that you've had these spots your whole life? If so, it still might be possible that it's due to the reasons mentioned above. But if this is not the case at all, then please go make an appointment with the doctor straight away.My friends and co=workers keep asking me ';why you have white spot in my finger nails'; ?
I have heard two things about those:


A) they are from a lack of calcium, yes.


B) they are from past injuries to your nail beds, sort of like scarring.





So, I don't know. Consume more calcium if it's really worrying you that badly, but its not dangerous. But if the answer is option B, then I'd assume there isn't much you can do?
Are you talking about the white spots near closest to the finger? Those spots are normal. Most people have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment