Saturday, January 23, 2010

Can I use a regular humans nail clipper to clip my rabbits nails?

yeah i use a human nail clipper on my rabbit cause i dont want to pay for a rabbit one. it is kinda hard because rabbits back claws are much thicker than ours are. so you have to clip off a layer at a time going down. just don't go down to far or you could cut the quick. (the vein in the nail)Can I use a regular humans nail clipper to clip my rabbits nails?
i don't think thats a good idea


you should get a special nail clipper from the pet store for rabbits. and it is best if you ask a vet or someone at the pet shop to cut your little ones nails. if it bleeds it will lead to other problems...


y take risks?


=DCan I use a regular humans nail clipper to clip my rabbits nails?
yes as long as the nails of the rabbit aren't to big then your fine,I use a human nail clipper for mine and its much for gentler than a cat or dog one.thats what I think anyways
You are best getting one especially for rabbits, because our nails are thinner and weaker than rabbits so human nail clippers might not be strong enough.
yes but be very careful. theres a small vein that runs down there nail. clip to far and it will start bleeding and be open to infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment