Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do i cut my iguanas sharp nails...?

If i cut a little off of the nail it grows back the next day even sharper...i get comments at school with people saying that I cut my hands...When its really My Iggy's nails.. But if i cut it too far back he bleeds and it can damage something in his foot..Do you have any advice?How do i cut my iguanas sharp nails...?
I cut my Iguana's nails almost daily %26amp; Believe it or not I also use a nail file on them... if you have any screen or something he can hang on (Screen or wire works really well because only their nails will stick threw)/while you cut them it is a lot easier %26amp; you can file them as well with out a lot of fight %26amp; getting scratched up yourself.





They wont get as sharp again as fast that way. Something else is to put a piece of slate rock or another flat type of rock in your cage with him %26amp; he will scratch at that and trim his own nails some ... don't count on that doing all the work for you! It just helps some =-))How do i cut my iguanas sharp nails...?
All you can do is continue what you are doing now. Bring pictures of your iguana in and his nails that way people can believe you :).





For larger lizards, dog/cat clippers work great, but for smaller/juveniles you can use human nail clippers. I use human clippers on my juvenile dragon, and her names get sharp the next day as well. Just have to keep an eye on them.





Also, have something in the tank that can help wear down the nails, such as slate. This way they can scratch them as well.
Take him for a Pedicure at your local beauty salon. When they ask for the name say ';Iggy'; :)
go to a vet

No comments:

Post a Comment