Saturday, January 23, 2010

What causes the white spots on my puppies nails? (Similar to white spots on human fingernails after injury)?

The pups are 11 weeks old and all of them have this.What causes the white spots on my puppies nails? (Similar to white spots on human fingernails after injury)?
I can,t be 100% on this but i have had 2 rotweiler pups and 1 german shepard and both breeds had white spots on thier nails as pups Try a little calcium powder (Available at good pet Stores) around a teaspoon in food or 1/2 teaspoon in warm milk this worked for me with both breeds . So i guess im 99% sure on this! Hope this helps !!What causes the white spots on my puppies nails? (Similar to white spots on human fingernails after injury)?
calcium build up
They are just calcium deposits, it wont hurt them but i think it means they are low in calcium, you could try giving them bones to chew or raw chicken wings to build up their calcium.
its a calcium dificency i bought some calcium tablets from my pet store or get them from the vet
I'd say your puppy is low on zinc. My dog had those white spots a few months back and we asked our friend who is a vet and she said that it is because he was lacking zinc.





Since you dog is only a puppy i'd say he needs to be given more calcium and zinc because he is growing.
Lack of Calcium
Calcium build up or lack of white blood cells?

No comments:

Post a Comment