Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I stop biting my nails?

I've tried everything. I even bite the skin around. ://How do I stop biting my nails?
Me too! It sucks!





You don't say if you're a guy or a girl. I always keep hand lotion nearby (in a purse, at work in a drawer) -- one that keeps the hangnails from getting dry and tastes terrible.





Also get an emery board. Keep your nails filed and smooth so there aren't the tempting little splits and chips to nibble on. Use the emery board to buff the dry areas of your cuticles to keep the hard little corners from forming (you know, the ones that are so tempting to chew).





Lastly, this may not help you with the biting, but I keep a tube of hydrocortisone cream handy, too. It makes the cuticles heal faster if you bite them too much.How do I stop biting my nails?
Just rub some kind of strong moisturizer or lotion into your hands especially the the area around your nails. Preferably something strong smelling or something that taste weird that way when you bite your nails you would taste it.
I think I might be able to help each other could you please drop me an email as I'm doing a project on stress and nail biting if you are interested to help.








me click on idluk2000 for the email address or chat on msn
Tape them with Painters tape...
I suggest putting a special kind of manicure. When you bite your nails it tastes very bad but it's still beautiful! AND it's inexpensive and commonly used. Also, it's not toxic. :)
Keep band aids on the tips of all your fingers all the time until you are past the urge to bite them.
I can't stop too. Well who cares no one even notices.
keep them out of ur mouth or just dip them in something that taste really bad.
I started with the no bite nail polish. You can pick it up at any pharmacy. Then I bought the lume gel nail kit and started doing my nails by myself.





I think that the biggest thing that made me stop biting them was that when I had kids I didn't want them to have that same bad habit I had for years.





I kept my nails done and jumped my kids butts every time they had their hands in their mouths.





Now that I have nursing clinicals I always have to have, some what, long nails to get syringe and alcohol packets open. Patients see my hands constantly and I'm super self conscious about my hands looking bad. I do my best to keep my hands looking good. Lotions, oils, whatever works!
cut off ur fingers
well maybe u should tell one of ur friends 2 hit u when u start biting ur nails. But who doesnt bite thier nails so is normal. you'll get over it.
It's all psychological. Get therapy or something if you really want to stop [not trying to sound mean AT ALL] good luck [:
they have nontoxic clear nail polish, and loads of other products to stop nail biting, google it and you will find them, or go to any drugstore.


I used to do the same thing, real bad every day. I wanted to stop for a long time, then one day I had a band-aid on my finger over my nail. This prevented me from biting that finger nail, when I took it off and saw how beautiful that finger looked to the rest I knew I had to stop not to mention it is not healthy. After that I got better and better, I would notice myself biting sooner and stop myself faster.


Put something on one of your fingers on both hands so that it will remind you when you bring your hand to your face. When you are reminded over and over you will soon not need the reminder!


Reward yourself when you make a success, in the long run, you will have beautiful nails as a reward! = )
put chilli on your nails
hot sauce?
They make a bittering agent that you can paint on your nails so you become conscious of yourself doing it and you will be discouraged. I am pretty sure you can get it at wal-mart or the drugstore.
Put some chillies!!!
when there's the urge, borrow the hand of the one beside you. bite his/her nails instead of yours.
hey why did u right Sexytown. Its down low near the great dark rift. 2 me
  • olay cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment