Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How do I quit biting my nails?

I've been biting since I was young and its a nervous habit that nasty tasting stuff doesnt work and neither does chewing gum HELP!How do I quit biting my nails?
Will Power. Carry nail clippers in your pocket. When you feel like biting, just pull out your clippers. That worked for me.How do I quit biting my nails?
just think of all the germs and junk on and under your nails
I am the same way!!


i stopped though by chewing gum and doing things productive with my hands.. like crocheting, playing the violin, sports, typing and other things that involve hand activity.
dip your fingers in nail polish remover
you can stop by putting something hot or something u dont lyk on them and when u bite them u will taste it or jus say if i dont bite my nails i will get 50,000 think of it that way and you will end up growing them
Have you tried finger nail paint? Make your nails look nice or use the clear stuff if you like.
Not sure of the name but they have clear nail polish that taste awfullll !!! So when you bite it watch I think they have some that is like hot sauce too. Check in walmart walgreens placeslike that. Good luck
Have your family and friends every time they see you biting your nails tell you to stop. paint them a pretty color. reward yourself once a month with a manicure to show off your pretty nails. i had to stop biting my nails too, its really hard. Good luck!
The thing that got me to stop biting them recently was reading something about how many germs and how much dirt and junk gets under our nails. Think about a typical week and how many places we go, where we put our hands plus the fact that when we wash our hands, unless we specifically use a finger nail brush, the soap and water doesnt clean under our nails. Everytime Im about to bite them, I remember how much junk is under them and think, do I really want that nasty stuff in my mouth? no thanks! good luck
sally's has stuff that will help u 
A trick that helped a friend of mine was to get her nails done and have press on fake nails professionaly done. They looked so nice that she wanted to take care of them and stopped.





Good Luck
bite into you fingers instead and avoid the nail
Try dipping your fingers in Jalapeno juice, this will knock ur socks and sneakers right off!
put hot sauce on them
LOOK AT THIS PICTURE IT SHOULD MAKE ANYONE STOP http://members.aol.com/Roseb441702/nail1…


GOOD LUCK !!!! I can go on and I did previously but you have to want to keep them trimmed so there is nothing to bite and try acrylic they are not thin and you are less likely to bite them when you are paying for them.
I had a boyfriend that told me to really take a look at all the stuff that was under my nails, that was just gross. It did help for awhile because I wanted to please him. The next thing that I did was to go and get my nails done in acrylic. This made them harder to bight, and They looked so nice long and painted that I didn't bite as much. Now a year latter I don't bite at all and I did this for myself.Good luck! PS Some people seem to be able to stop in a few days, some a few weeks,and for some a few months. Remember if a first you don't succeed try try again.
i had the same habit.


cut your nails all the way down.


start to chew on something hard like pens when your nervous.


before you know if your nails will be long.


all this worked for me.
sit on ur hands
I have the same habit.


What i did was put a black nail polish on.


because if i chew my nail,then ill probably end up chewing the nail polish off.


and that will make my nails%26amp;polish look ugly =[


but i didn't chew my nails cuz then it would look weird.


kept it on for about 2-3 weeks.


Nails grew.


so that's what i do =]
They have this spicey stuff you can put on them.
I use press on nails. I wear them for a week and then I stop biting my nails. I keep a pair handy in case i start biting them again.
I have the same problam and you can use some gross stuff that if u lick it it will taste gross.Sorry i dont know what it is called.
i have the same problem but every once in a while it stops. the thing is, the problem is in ur mind. in other words is like me, i mean when i'm bore, nervous, or even lazy i start biting mines. so just try to keep ur mind occupied and try to control urself then little by little u will forget about doing it. and when ur nervous just try to relax and always think ';Whatever happens, happens,'; in othr words try not to get to caught up in one situation because it makes u more nervous
god knows, mine are desperate but if you find a magic awnser let me know
The best thing to do is put nail polish i have had tht habbit too! so wen u put nail polish it tastes disgusting and u will quit just like tht!
what i did is it might sound far feched but i put tape over my nails and i put soap on the tape so i wouldent even bite the tape cuz it taste bad trust me it works
My cousin quit biting her nails in her 30's after biting them all her life. She placed a rubber band around each wrist. If she caught herself biting her nails, she snapped the rubber band on that wrist. I guess it programmed her brain (painfully). Don't want you to hurt, but it worked for her.
i JUST STOPPED BiTiNG MY NAiLS LiKE 2 DAYS AGO.. YOU SHOULD CUT YOUR NAiLS REAL SHORT! PUT SOME NAiL POLiSH ON THEM AND THEN ALWAYS CARRY A PACK OF GUM WiTH YOU THEN WHEN YOU TRY TO BiTE YOU NAiLS POP SOME GUM iN YOUR MOUTH AND iF THE GUM DOESN'T WORK THEN YOUR NAiLS WiLL BE ALREADY SHORT NO ROOM TO BiTE!!! THEN iF THEY GROW YOU WiLL HAVE NAiL POLiSH ON THEM RiTE!!! THEN YOU WiLL EVENTUALLY FORGET ABOUT BiTiNG YOUR NAiLS TAKES ABOUT 2 WEEKS
bit something else hard like carrots or celery
i started doing it for a bit and then forced myself to stop. its hard to do but everytime you realize your doing it, FORCE youself to take them out.





also to prevent from the excuse ';but now its messed up and i have to fix it';, carry around a nail file to file it away. also, if you keep your nails short, you cant bite them and you'll forget about it more. good luck!!
They have it all wrong!Try having gum instead. It keeps your mouth busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment