Saturday, January 23, 2010

How often should I clip my cat's nails?

I'm having ';Harley the devil-cat's'; nails clipped by a groomer now, because he's just too fiesty for me. She says to come in every three weeks, but that seems a little too soon for me. Also, does the quick in cat's nails retract more and more if his nails are clipped more often (like dogs' quicks)?How often should I clip my cat's nails?
I trim my cats nail's once just about every 3 weeks. Once a month would be to long to wait because they get so sharp. I have not seen a change at all in the quicks.How often should I clip my cat's nails?
every month
I have a Bengal cat and I clip her nails every 2-3 weeks. I guess it may depend on the breed of the cat and however fast the cat's nail's grow.
Well, technically only when the cats nails look long then clip them.
I clip my cat's nails every 2-4 weeks or whenever they need it
You don't need to have your cats nails clipped honestly I never have, they shed unlike a dogs when they get too long and I don't mean the whole nail falls off- just like a snake the outside casting will shed.
You should clip your cat's toenails every six months, if they are front claws. For back claws, Do that every 5 months.
I DONT THINK CATS GET THEIR NAILS CLIPPED...I NEVER CLIP MY CATS
If you give your cat something to claw on like a scratching post or I use a turbo scratcher. It will keep its claws from growing too long.
use your common sense and own judgement to see when kitty's claws need clipping. if they are looking long and sharp again take kitty in to be clipped.
I have owned cats my entire life, and we even show them. We have never clipped their nails. If you do, they will start using your furniture to sharpen them, and then you will not be a happy pet owner. If he is a kitten, he should eventually settle down, and if not, I would get a cat dancer to wear him out. I would also invest in a tall cat perch/stand that will give him plenty of room to scratch.
i beleave the groomer knows bettr then u do,,,go in every 4 weeks then,,cats nails grows fast,,i just clipped them myself if i was you,,i do it with my cats....easy

No comments:

Post a Comment