Monday, May 10, 2010

When was the first time you ever got your nails done?

What was the first occassion or time you ever got your nails done and did you go with press on or salon nails ?When was the first time you ever got your nails done?
When I was a little kid I used to put the press on nails from like walmart on. :] The first time I really got them professionally done was for 8th grade recognition. I didn't even get fake one.. they just painted them. lol.When was the first time you ever got your nails done?
I love this question! I am all about fashion and beauty!





I know that when I was young, I loved getting Lee Press-On nails. I don't remember the experience very well, but I remember the little plastic nails had an adhesive pad sort of thing on them, and they adhered to my natural nails that way. And the best part was that the nails usually came decorated with little hearts or flowers already on them!





Then, when I was in 8th grade, I saw my sister get salon acrylic nails for the first time. I distinctly remember hearing her nails *clickity-click* against the car window on the way home. I remember thinking, 'Wow! I WANT that!';





Soon, I got just that.I got my first acrylics, and I loved them. I liked them round in shape. One of the first colors I remember getting was electric blue, before it was popular to get unusual colors. When I told my nail technician what color I wanted, he almost jumped back in surprise. ';Blue!?'; he had said. LOL.





Not long after that, I remember I got my first marble design.The next day, I went to my friends house, and we started messing around with more nail polish colors. We tried to paint her dogs nails, and in the process, I got a big glob of red on my freshly marbled nails. Somehow, by the grace of God, I managed to hide that from my mother, even when she asked to see my artistic nails again a day or so later.





Eventually, it got too expensive, and I had to have them removed. That was an incredibly disappointing day for me.





Many many years later, when I was 25, I got my nails done for my cousin's wedding. This time, I got solar nails and a square shape. Then I found a good-paying job and kept getting them done, along with pedicures too. I always got either french tips or nail art on both my hands and feet. It was great.





But then, the job didn't work out, and I had to stop going. Now I just do my own hands and feet whenever the mood strikes me. I'd much rather have them professionally done though!
A few years ago but now I do my nails myself because it got expensive real quick to have them done at a salon. I think I was given a gift card.


I stopped getting manicures about 3 years ago.


The first time may have been for my sister's wedding 18 years ago.
When I was fifteen graduating from high school. :-)





I got my nails done by a great girl named Janine, in a hair care and beauty center named Strands that my mom owned at the time, in a local mall.





Janine did a great job, I had acrylics done.
When I was like 10 I was with my friend and her mom was getting a manicure so we got them too! They just painted over our nails they didn't give us fake ones.
by done u mean regular nail polish???


when i was like 2 or 3 by my mom haha


and in the salon when i was 11 or 12
it was my 16 birthday but i went glue on salon nails but they dameged my nails
Last year, when I was eleven


right before school started.


I've onyl gotten my nails done twice.


(:
the first time when i got my nails done was 3 months ago for my sweet 15

No comments:

Post a Comment