Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How often do your nails be hooked between the key of the piano?

Are you scared of that situation or just so-so. I am nervous when playing the piano because of this situation even I have cut my nails short.How often do your nails be hooked between the key of the piano?
No, I have never even really thought of it.How often do your nails be hooked between the key of the piano?
Chances are rare! I have been playing piano for 30 years and never had that happened before. There are a couple times when I played on old pianos with cracked keys, it hurt my finger's skin.


I wouldn't worry about nails hooked between the keys.


However, I do recommend doing some kinds of stretching for arms or fingers if you practice piano extensively. There are many cases where pianists hurt their fingers or arms when playing highly technical passages.
it gets hooked on the piano A LOT! cause im lazy to cut my nails and they look nicer when they're long. my teacher use to say i would be scratching the piano this way, but it isn't true. cause i tried it. it gets frustrating at times when you are playing halfway and you get a sudden shock when your nails get stuck and it's really painful for real long nails.but you had better cut yours short.my 12th year playing that nail torture instrument.


=D
I played for 25 years and everyday I'm paranoid about getting my nails caught between keys. So I kept mine very short. If you don't think it's possible, try playing some Chopin Etudes (I recommend the Winter Wind). I guarantee you'll get your nails caught and bleed all over the keyboard.
i've been playing piano for ten years and i've never had my nails hooked between the keys. my teacher had me cut them short because long nails get in the way of pressing down on the key and the sound comes out too soft or something else. i do have long-ish nails now though, and that has still never happened.
There is no way of avoiding this besides cutting your nails really short.... if you observe the nails of professionals you'll see that they all have short nails.... you can't get around cutting your nail either because your teacher will catch you which sucks
Only once in a while, when they get too long. It hurts a little bit when they get stuck, but I don't think it's something to worry about.
never.
that never hapens to me try putting hard nail polish on so it wont break easily

No comments:

Post a Comment