Monday, May 10, 2010

How much is it to get guinea pig's nails trimmed?

at a vet? and how often must you get it done? i heard you can seriously mess up if you do it yourselfHow much is it to get guinea pig's nails trimmed?
yes! you can really hurt your pet if you do it yourself! You can get it done at the vet. get it done about once a month or once every 2 months.How much is it to get guinea pig's nails trimmed?
I do it myself, but it's a little time consuming, and you should get a vet to show you how to do it first. The first time my guinea pigs needed to get a trim, i took them to the vet and asked her to show me how to do it. If you don't feel comfortable clipping, just take them to the vet. It isn't very expensive, usually less than 15 dollars. You need to clip their nails whenever they get really long. My guinea pigs go about 2-3 months between trims.
i have had three guinea pigs in my life (and a rabbit currently) and i have cut their nails all by myself and nothing has ever gone wrong. all you have to do is have someone hold your guinea pig while you calmly cut his/her nails. your guinea pig my squirm and squeal but that is just because he/she is nervous and so if that happens you just have to get a firmer grip on her (but not to rough or hard because you don't want to hurt him/her)





a;sp the worst thing that sould happen while cutting your guinea pigs nails is that you cut a vein and then her nail will bleed a little bit but that is not serious. the bleeding will stop after a few minutes.





so you can do it yourself and save your money!
If you take it to the vet, it will cost more (not a ton, though). Call around to local grooming places or pet stores and see if they'll do it. A place near me actually quoted me a price of.....five whole dollars to do it. So, this weekend I am taking my girlfriends pig for a mani/pedi, I guess. Then maybe a seaweed wrap and buying Michael Bulble CD's, so I can feel totally emasculated.








joking aside, call around. Get quotes. Don't get disheatened if you end up calling mostly places that are eleitist snops who only treat dogs and cats and don't appreciate the wonders of the guinea pig.
its cheaper if you do it yourself. i do my guinea pigs with dog nail clippers, and they are fine. if you take them to the vet it will cost some $. you should clip their nails at least once a month.





Hope this helped! : ]
You don't have to go to the vet just get nail clippers. normal human ones and do it urself/. It costs about 20 or more to go to the vet
I trim them myself I use nail clippers you could try that unless they are shown I have no idea LOL
where I get my bunnies nails trimmed is 7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment